Monday, January 09, 2012
Thanks for visiting NewsPressed we are an alternative news media publisher with an objective to cover news that is missed by the mainstream and the lamestream press. Our remit to all our valued readers is based on our NewsPressed philosophy – quote – ‘NewsPressed We Deliver Because We Care!’
Our opening report takes us off the north coast of Scotland to the remote and beautiful Shetland Islands. This location is so unique and special that the Shetland Islands have just been voted the most desirable place to live in Scotland circa 2011. Here people live longer – enjoy life better dispelling once and for all that the only way to quality living is by how much money you make!
But Shetland people are doing ever so well in real terms 84 percent employment with weekly wage averaging £605 – the Scottish average is £575.
- Life expectancy 77 years the Scottish average is 75.8 years.
- 93 per cent reporting “good or fairly good health”.
- Average house prices 4.2 times the local average gross annual earnings below the Scottish average at 4.7 times.
- 91 per cent of all 15-year-olds achieving A-C grades in exams.
- Low crime rate only with a burglary rate of just 8.0 per 10,000 of the population.
The sun is not always to be seen as the wind and rain is plentiful but never less the quality of life in the Shetland Islands is quite simply – ‘SUPERB!’
Shetland Islands Most Desirable Place to Live in Scotland…